The longest lasting spot-on flea, tick, and deworming treatment for cats
- For the treatment of tick and flea infestations in cats. Bravecto® Plus is a systemic insecticide and acaricide that provides immediate and persistent flea (Ctenocephalides felis) and tick (Ixodes ricinus, Ixodes scapularis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus and Haemaphysalis spp.) killing activity for 3 months.
- For the treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis) in cats.
- For the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis for 3 months.
- For the treatment of infestations of intestinal roundworm (Toxocara cati; fourth stage larvae, immature adults and adults) and hookworm (Ancylostoma tubaeforme; fourth stage larvae, immature adults and adults).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- For topical spot-on use.
- Bravecto® Plus is available in 3 pipette sizes. The following table defines the size of pipette to be used according to the bodyweight of the cat (corresponding to a dose of 40 to 94 mg fluralaner/kg bodyweight and 2 to 4,7 mg moxidectin/kg bodyweight):
|Weight of cat (kg)||Pipette size to be used|
|1,2 to 2,8||Bravecto® Plus 112,5 mg & 5,6 mg spot-on solution for small cats|
|> 2,8 to 6,25||Bravecto® Plus 250 mg & 12,5 mg spot-on solution for medium cats|
|> 6,25 to 12,5||Bravecto® Plus 500 mg & 25 mg spot-on solution for large cats|
Within each weight band, the content of 1 whole pipette should be used.
For cats more than 12,5 kg, use a combination of 2 pipettes that most closely matches the bodyweight.
Advice on correct administration
Method of administration
Step 1: Immediately before use, open the sachet and remove the pipette. The pipette should be held by the base or by the upper rigid portion below the cap in an upright position (tip up) for opening it. The twist-and-use cap should be rotated clockwise or counter clockwise 1 full turn. The cap will stay on the pipette; it is not possible to remove it. The pipette is open and ready for application when the breaking of the seal is felt.
Step 2: The cat should be standing or lying with its back horizontally during application. Part the fur at the administration site. Place the pipette tip vertically against the skin on the base of the skull of the cat.
Step 3: Squeeze the pipette gently and apply the entire contents directly to the cat’s skin. Bravecto® Plus should be applied in 1 spot (cats up to 6,25 kg bodyweight) or 2 spots (cats weighing more than 6,25 kg bodyweight). If 2 spots are needed, the first spot should be applied at the base of the skull and the second one between the shoulder blades.
It is important to deliver the solution onto an area that cannot be easily licked by the cat. As cats are fastidious groomers, they may inadvertently ingest product if easily reached. Ingestion may cause adverse reactions and will remove product from the coat. If multiple cats are treated and may mutually groom, it is recommended that cats are separated while product dries.
For optimal control of tick and flea infestation and for prevention of heartworm disease, Bravecto® Plus should be administered at intervals of 3 months.
In fast growing kittens it is recommended to re-administer Bravecto® Plus after 8 weeks to ensure continuous heartworm prevention.
Cats in areas endemic for heartworm or those which have travelled to endemic areas may be infected with adult heartworms. Therefore prior to treatment with Bravecto® Plus, the advice provided under “PRECAUTIONS” should be considered.