Decaspot 0.5% Pour-On
From R 120.68
READY-TO- USE POUR-ON FOR CATTLE, SHEEP AND GOATS
Deltamethrin 0,5 % m/v
Piperonyl butoxide 2,5 % m/v
• Controls ticks
• Controls stable flies, horn flies, cattle louse flies and nuisance flies e.g. house flies
• Kills lice (biting and sucking)
• Protects against blackflies
SHEEP AND GOATS
• Controls Karoo paralysis, bont-legged and red-legged ticks
Cattle: 1 mℓ/10 kg
Sheep and goats: 1 mℓ/5 kg
• DO NOT USE ON CALVES/LAMBS UNDER 3 MONTHS.
• WITHDRAWAL PERIOD:
• Milk - 0 days
• Meat - 7 days
• Keep out of reach of uninformed persons, children and animals.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• N.B. Pyrethroid pour-ons may cause irritation. Treat a small group of animals first and observe for an hour before treating the rest of the herd.
How to use the applicator
Remove the cap of the calibrated chamber. Without removing the remaining cap, squeeze the container until the correct dosage volume is present in the calibrated chamber, and apply as prescribed.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke during or after handling this product, before washing hands and face thoroughly.
• Avoid contact with pour-on and wash immediately and thoroughly with soap and hot water after accidental contamination.
• Remove and wash all contaminated clothing.
• Destroy empty containers and do not re-use for any other purpose.
• Do not contaminate dams, rivers and other water sources.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
• SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
• Ticks, flies and lice: 1 mℓ/10 kg.
Apply in two lines, from the base of the skull down both sides of the spine up to the tail root.
It is especially important that in the case of heavy brown-ear or blue tick infestation, that
DECA-SPOT 0,5 % POUR-ON is applied from the base of the skull up to the tail root.
Treat at regular intervals according to tick challenge. The longer the product is regularly applied, the more the tick population is reduced. It will then become possible to apply at intervals greater than 7 days.
• For blackfly (Simulium) apply also to ears and underline. Repeat as required according to challenge.
• For population control of nuisance flies and stable flies, use 2 - 3 treatments at weekly intervals. Thereafter use according to challenge.
Sheep and goats
Dosage for optimal residual action - 1 mℓ/5 kg.
Environmental conditions and parasite challenge can influence treatment intervals.
• Karoo paralysis ticks: Divide the full dose per animal into 4 equal parts. Apply one part onto each axillae and groin region, whilst the animal is turned over in a sitting position.
• Angora goats - repeat after approximately 2 weeks.
• Dorper sheep - repeat after approximately 4 weeks.
• Merino sheep - repeat after approximately 6 weeks.
• Bont-legged and red-legged ticks:
The dosage should be divided into 3 equal parts and applied to the axillae, groin and anogenital regions.
Treat sheep at regular intervals of approximately 3 - 4 weeks or as necessary, according to tick challenge.
For crippled sheep apply 1 mℓ to the affected hoof/fetlock.
Store away from food and feed.
Tightly reseal the container if all the contents have not been used.