Dexiron 200 100ml
Injection for the prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anaemia in piglets and calves
Iron dextran complex 20 % m/v
• For administration by intramuscular injection only. NOT for administration by intravenous or subcutaneous injection.
• Calves and piglets with a vitamin E deficiency and/or selenium deficiency should receive an injection with vitamin E and/or selenium prior to the administration of iron.
• DEXIRON 200 is contra-indicated in animals with severe liver damage or an acute kidney infection.
• Iron preparations should not be administered concomitantly with any of the tetracycline group of antibiotics.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder
• Sows to be fed a selenium enriched diet prior to farrowing.
• Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that needles and syringes are clean and sterile prior to use.
• Weeping from the injection site can be avoided by pushing the skin and underlying fat to one side with the thumb before inserting needle, and allowing a second or so to elapse before withdrawing the needle.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Use only as directed
Piglets: 1 ml solution per animal (1,5 - 2,0 kg body mass) administered by intramuscular injection in the neck, just below the ear, on the third day of life.
Calves: 2 - 4 ml solution per animal administered by intramuscular injection, in the first week of life.