Ecomectin 1% Injectable
From R 370.01
Antiparasitic remedy for cattle and sheep, kills mange mites on pigs
COMPOSITION: Ivermectin 1 % m/v
• Do not slaughter cattle or sheep for human consumption within 21 days of last treatment, and pigs within 28 days of last treatment
• Do not use in lactating cattle where milk or milk products are used for human consumption.
• Do not use intramuscularly or intravenously.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Do not use in dairy cattle within 28 days of calving.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling the product.
• Store bottle in carton to protect from light.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
• Cattle should be vaccinated against Clostridial infections (e.g. Black quarter).
• Sheep should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney (entero-toxaemia) before treatment.
• Temporary discomfort has been observed in animals following subcutaneous injection. The pain reaction is sometimes intense, but usually transient. A low incidence of soft tissue swelling at the injection site has been observed. These reactions have disappeared without treatment.
EFFICACY FOR CATTLE
Internal parasites of cattle: for the treatment of gastro-intestinal roundworms, Parafilaria bovicola (false bruising) and eye worm (Thelazia)
External parasites of cattle:
- Kills sucking and biting lice and mange mites.
- Controls sand tampans infesting cattle for up to 3 days after treatment.
- Kills cattle screw-worms present at time of injection. Protects against screw-worms strikes for 2 weeks after administration.
- Controls blue ticks (Boophilus spp) on cattle. For control of blue ticks, treatment must be repeated every 21 days.
EFFICACY FOR SHEEP
External and internal parasites:
- Kills sheep scab mites.
- Controls Australian itch mites.
- Nasal bots all stages (1st, 2nd and 3rd instar larvae)
- Roundworm species
EFFICACY FOR PIGS
External parasites of pigs:
Kills mange mites (Sarcoptis scabiei var suis). (Recommended dose 300 µg/kg)