From R 139.09
For vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows, for the prevention of respiratory disease caused by BRSV and as an aid in preventing respiratory disease caused by IBR and PI3
For intranasal use only.
Composition: Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR) - Parainfluenza (PI3) - Respiratory Syncytial Virus (BRSV) Vaccine
Description: Inforce™ 3 was specifically developed for intranasal vaccination. It helps to prime the immune system for a memory response to subsequent vaccinations as well as disease challenges. It contains proprietary, temperature- sensitive IBR and PI3 strains that replicate most effectively in the upper respiratory tract. It further includes a high-titer formulation of a low passaged strain of BRSV.
Inforce™ 3 helps to deliver a healthy start for young dairy and beef calves and in dairy herds, it can be used in young calves, on arrival, at weaning, before moving to group pens
or with cows and heifers pre-calving whilst it is also ideal for use in beef herds in calves at branding, preconditioning, weaning, pre-shipment or on arrival at feedlots.
• Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter for human consumption.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• Use entire contents when first opened.
• Dispose of containers and all unused contents in accordance with waste disposal regulations.
• Contains gentamycin as preservative.
• As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke while administering the vaccine.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
Directions for use: Use only as directed.
Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well and administer 2 mℓ intranasally (IN) using a cannula or a syringe with the needle removed. Place half the dose (1 mℓ) in each nostril.
Calves vaccinated before the age of 6 months should be revaccinated after 6 months of age to avoid possible maternal antibody interference with immunisation. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
Storage instructions: Store between 2-7 °C. Do not freeze.