Norotrim Inj 24% 100ml
Indicated for the treatment of pneumonia, bacterial scours, urogenital tract infections, footrot, joint-ill and other infections caused by sulphonamide- sensitive organisms in horses, cattle, sheep, goats, pigs.
Composition: Sulphadiazine BP 200 mg and trimethoprim BP 40 mg per ml.
Indications: Norotrim 24 is indicated for the treatment of pneumonia, bacterial scours, urogenital tract infections, footrot, joint-ill and other infections caused by sulphonamide sensitive organisms in horses, cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, dogs and cats. Its spectrum covers both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria including: Actinobacillus spp., Actinomyces bovis, Bordetella spp., Corynebacterium spp., Escherichia coli, Fusiformis spp., Haemophilus spp., Klebsiella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Nocardia spp., Pasteurella spp., Proteus spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus spp. and Streptococcus spp.
Norotrim 24 is also indicated for the treatment of respiratory infections of bacterial origin such as rhinitis and bronchitis as well as other gastro-intestinal tract infections.
• Milk should not be used for human consumption until 48 hours after the last treatment.
• Cattle should not be slaughtered for human consumption until 12 days after last treatment.
• Pigs should not be slaughtered for human consumption until 15 days after last treatment.
• Sheep should not be slaughtered for human consumption until 28 days after last treatment.
• Do not use in animals that are sensitive to sulphonamides, have severe liver damage or blood dyscrasias.
• Do not use in horses exhibiting drug-induced cardiac arrhythmias; these may be associated with certain anaesthetics or sedatives.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Do not give the injections by routes other than those recommended.
• Do not inject intraperitoneally.
• Intravenous injections should be administered slowly in order to prevent anaphylactic shock.
• Ensure adequate drinking water is available during the treatment period.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek
veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Precautions: This product may crystallise at low temperatures.
These may be dissolved on gentle warming.
Directions for use: Use only as directed.
• Horses, cattle, sheep, goats and pigs: 1 ml per 16 kg body mass daily by intramuscular or slow intravenous injection. In cases of severe infection this may be increased to 1 ml per 10 kg body mass daily.
Presentation: 100 ml.
Storage instructions: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from light.
Registration number: G2620 (Act 36/1947).