From R 79.05
For the treatment of heartwater, tick-borne gallsickness (anaplasmosis), pneumonia, navel-ill, joint-ill and footrot in stock and strangles in horses
135 mg Oxytetracycline per ml
• TREATED ANIMALS MUST NOT BE SLAUGHTERED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION WITHIN 28 DAYS OF LAST TREATMENT
• MILK FROM TREATED COWS MUST NOT BE USED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF TREATMENT
• Administration by intramuscular, subcutaneous or intravenous injection.
• When injecting intramuscularly, inject into the muscle of the mid-neck area using a needle of not more than 30 mm in length.
• Do not inject more than 20 ml at one site.
• Massage the area after injection to enhance absorption and minimize swelling.
• When using the intravenous route, inject slowly and pause if any discomfort is shown.
Dosage - Normal Use:
Cattle and horses: 8 ml per 100 kg body weight
Sheep and goats: 4 ml per 50 kg body weight
Pigs: 2 ml per 30 kg body weight
Dosage - Long acting use:
(When a higher efficacy and longer action are required)
Cattle: 16 ml per 100 kg body weight
Sheep and goats: 8 ml per 50 kg body weight
The long acting dose must be administered by the intramuscular route only
100 ml and 500 ml