From R 100.79
Controls ticks and kills lice and mange mites in cattle. Controls sheep scab, kills itch mites and goat mange mites in sheep and goats
Amitraz 12,5 % m/v
Controls ticks. Kills lice and mange mites.
SHEEP AND GOATS
Controls ticks. Controls sheep scab. Kills itch mites and goat mange mites.
• WITHDRAWAL PERIOD:
• DO NOT SLAUGHTER ANIMALS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF LAST DIPPING.
• DO NOT USE ON HORSES.
• In case of poisoning call a doctor and make this label available to him.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• Tightly reseal the container if all the contents have not been used.
• Destroy empty containers.
• Wash hands thoroughly after use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
For external use on cattle, sheep and goats.
TRIATIX 125 should not be mixed with any other dip.
Dipwash should be freshly prepared for each spraying.
Add required amount of TRIATIX 125 to ± 10 l water in a suitable container.
When well mixed add to measured bulk water in spray sump and stir thoroughly.
• Plunge dip
Total replenishment: This requires that the diptank is topped up to the desired level on each dipping occasion. TRIATIX 125 is then added on
every occasion at a rate of 1 l to 2 500 l water, taking the total amount of water in the tank into the calculation.
• Fresh fill Add TRIATIX 125 at the rate of 1 l per 500 l water.
At the end of each dipping add 5 kg calcium hydroxide (75 %) per 100 head of cattle dipped.
• Replenishment Add TRIATIX 125 at the rate of 1 l per 500 l water added.
At the end of each dipping, calcium hydroxide (75 %) must be added to the tank at a rate of 5 kg per 100 head of cattle dipped to ensure that the
dipwash pH is in the region of 12.
• Ticks and mange Spray/dip weekly
• Lice Spray/dip twice with a 7 day interval
Should dipping intervals extend beyond 3 weeks, additional lime should be added at a rate of 1 kg lime (75 % active) per 1 000 l water in the diptank. The dipwash should be adequately protected for 2 months if this procedure is followed.
SHEEP AND GOATS
TRIATIX 125 should be administered by means of either:
1. 2 Dippings using fresh, unstabilised dipwash. TRIATIX 125 should be added at a rate of 1 L per 375 L water, taking the total amount of water in the tank into consideration.
2. A fresh, unstabilised dipwash for the first dipping, which is then stabilised with the addition of lime at a rate of 4 kg lime per 750 L dipwash, added immediately after the initial dipping. This stabilised dipwash is then suitable for the second dipping, 7 days later.
Sheep and goats should be dipped twice with a 7 day interval to kill sheep scab, itch and goat mange mites. Ensure that the animals are immersed for approximately 1 minute with the heads being submerged at least 3 times in order to ensure that the inside of the ears are thoroughly wetted.
N.B. Sheep scab is a notifiable disease and must be reported to the nearest State Veterinarian.