Triatix Plus Pour-On
From R 363.18
A ready-to -use pour-on for cattle, sheep and goats with residual non-systemic action
Amitraz 1,5 % m/v
Deltamethrin 0,50 % m/v
Piperonyl butoxide3,0 % m/v
• Controls ticks.
• Controls stable flies, horn flies, cattle louse flies and nuisance flies e.g. house flies.
• Kills lice (biting and sucking) and mange mites.
• Protects against black flies
NOT SUITABLE FOR DAIRY CATTLE
Sheep and goats:
Controls Karoo paralysis-, bont-legged and red-legged ticks.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
• SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
• TRIATIX PLUS POUR-ON is a ready-to-use product and must not be mixed with any other dip, solvent or insecticidal compound.
• Ticks, flies and lice: Dose 1 mℓ/10 kg
• Apply in two lines, from the base of the skull down both sides of the spine up to the tail root. Application at the base of the skull is especially important in the case of heavy Brown Ear-tick infestation.
• Treat at regular intervals according to tick challenge. The longer the product is applied at regular intervals, the more the tick population is reduced. It will then become possible to apply at intervals greater than 7 days.
• For black fly (Simulium spp.) apply also to the ears and underline. Repeat as required according to challenge.
• For control of nuisance flies and stable flies, use 2 - 3 treatment at weekly intervals. Thereafter use according to challenge.
Sheep and goats:
• Environmental conditions and parasite challenge can influence treatment intervals.
• Dosage for optimal residual action: 1 mℓ/5 kg
• Karoo paralysis ticks:
Divide the full dose per animal into 4 equal parts. Apply one part onto each axillae and groin region, whilst the animal is turned over in a sitting position.
Angora goats - repeat after ± 2 weeks.
Dorper sheep - repeat after ± 4 weeks.
Merino sheep - repeat after ± 6 weeks.
• Bont-legged and red-legged ticks:
The dosage should be divided into 3 equal parts and applied to the axillae, groin and anogenital regions.
• Treat sheep at regular intervals of ± 3 - 4 weeks or as necessary, according to tick challenge.
• For crippled sheep apply 1 mℓ to the affected hoof/fetlock.
Use of applicator
Remove the cap of the calibrated chamber. Without removing the remaining cap, squeeze the container until the correct dosage volume is present in the calibrated chamber, and apply as prescribed.
• WITHDRAWAL PERIODS:
• Meat - 7 days.
• Milk - 0 days.
• DO NOT USE ON DAIRY CATTLE.
• DO NOT USE ON HORSES.
• DO NOT USE ON CALVES/LAMBS UNDER 3 MONTHS OF AGE.
• Treat strictly according to body mass.
• Signs of salivation and lethargy may occur with overdosage. These signs are transient and will pass with no ill effect.
• Pyrethroid pour-ons may cause irritation especially in dairy cattle and is not recommended for use in these breeds. It is suggested that a group of 10 animals be treated first and observed for an hour before treating the rest of the herd.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke during or after handling this product, before washing hands and face thoroughly.
• Avoid contact with pour-on and wash immediately and thoroughly with soap and hot water after accidental contamination.
• Remove and wash all contaminated clothing.
• Destroy empty containers and do not re-use for any other purpose.
• Do not contaminate dams, rivers and other water sources.
• Store in a cool place.
• Store away from food and feed.
• Tightly reseal the container if all the contents have not been used.