Trichguard 100ml 50 Dose
For vaccination of healthy cattle as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by Tritrichomonas foetus
Active ingredients: Cultures of Tritrichomonas foetus
Directions for use:
- Use only as directed.
- Administer one 2 ml dose subcutaneously in the neck or behind the shoulder using aseptic technique.
- A second dose should be administered 2 to 4 weeks later. The last injection should precede the breeding season by not less than 4weeks.
- An annual booster vaccination with a single dose should precede the breeding season by not less than 4 weeks.
- Do not slaughter cattle for human consumption within 60 days of treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- The vaccine is for prophylactic use only i.e. it will not alter the clinical course of the disease in cattle with pre-existing infection.
- Only healthy, immune-competent cattle should be vaccinated.
- Should an allergic reaction occur for any reason, intramuscular adrenaline should be administered.
- In any cattle population, a small number of individuals may fail to respond fully to vaccination. Development of adequate immunity may also be altered by other conditions such as hereditary factors, subclinical infection, nutrition, disease and parasitism.
- Disinfectants will render the vaccine ineffective.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons.
- If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- SHAKE WELL before use.
- Transient swelling may occur at the injection site.
- Contains: Neomycin, Thiomersal and polymyxin B added as preservatives
- Keep refrigerated between 2 °C and 7 °C
- AVOID FREEZING
- Keep in the dark