Pour-on liquid for sheep and goats
Composition: Triflumuron 2,5 % m/v
Indications: Pour-on liquid for sheep and goats. For the control of body lice (Bovicola ovis, Bovicola limbata) in goats and sheep and blowfly strike (including Lucillia cuprina) in sheep.
• Do not slaughter animals for human consumption with- in 60 days of last treatment.
• Do not use on sheep and goats, which are producing or may in future produce milk or milk products for human consumption.
• Do not use on sheep and goats, which have not been cleanly shorn for any reason, e.g. lumpy wool (mycotic dermatitis).
• Do not treat lambs or kids under 2 months of age. • Do not mix treated sheep and goats with lice free animals until 4 weeks after treatment.
• Ensure that, where possible, the time between dip- ping of sheep and subsequent shearing s at least 2 months for all products other than those used for spot treatment of fly strike. For advice on your dipping programme consult your veterinarian.
• Keep out of reach of uninformed persons, children and animals.
• Although this remedy has been extensively tested un- der a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
• Use butyl rubber gloves and wash after use.
• Handle with care. Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. If swallowed consult a doctor.
• If splashed in eyes, wash out immediately.
• Wash hands immediately after use and wash contaminated clothing at the end of each day’s use.
• Trigger Strike can be detrimental to certain plastics, paints and surface finishes. Avoid contact with such surfaces.
• Do not contaminate dams, drains, ponds, rivers and other waterways with this product or used containers.
• Do not re-use containers for any other purpose.
Directions for use: Use only as directed.
• Dip with Pro-Dip Cyp 20 % (Reg. No. G2311), then treatment with Trigger Strike can be applied from 24 hours of dipping.
• Apply Trigger Strike with an applicator with a wide band width.
• Animals should be treated dry from 7 days of shearing. Moderate rainfall, even within 4 days of treatment will not reduce the efficacy of the product.
• All sheep and/or goats in the flock should be treated.
• Trigger Strike contains a blue dye to identify treated animals. This dye can be removed by scouring the wool.
• Trigger Strike can be used on sheep and goats as from 7 days off-shears and on unshorn lambs and kids from 2 months of age.
• Trigger Strike is not a knockdown insecticide, it is an insect growth regulator (IGR). It prevents the development of immature lice present in the fleece at application and those that hatch from eggs in the following 20 weeks.
• Trigger Strike produces a rapid decline in lice numbers with all adult lice dying by 14 weeks.
• As with all lousicides, management practices which contribute to good lice control such as clean musters, good fencing and quarantining of newly purchased stock must be practised.
• Except for ewes and their lambs, treated animals should not be mixed with lice-free sheep or goats for at least 4 weeks. After 4 weeks adult lice on treated animals cannot infect clean sheep or goats.
• For long term flystrike control in sheep apply Trigger Strike up to 3 months following shearing prior to the expected period of flystrike challenge.
• For fly control Trigger Strike is an IGR which kills fly larvae by interfering with the moulting process in some cases.
Small strikes may develop but these are self-limiting and do not require treatment as the fly larvae will die following contact with the insecticide. Protection is obtained for up to 8 weeks, with protection for 13 weeks in some cases.
Dosage: Dose rates are to be based on the heaviest animal in the flock. Animals should be weighed.
|Lice control treatment||Body mass||Fly control treatment|
|10ml||Up to 10kg||2x5ml|
Application for lice control: Apply a single strip down the middle of the back between the poll and the base of the tail using an applicator with a wide band width.
Application for fly control: Apply half the dose in a single strip from the poll to the base of the tail and half the dose in a second stroke around the crutch and tail area using a suitable applicator.
Applicator: Clean out the applicator using vegetable oil, dismantle to wipe clean, re-oil with vegetable oil and assemble. Do not rinse the applicator equipment in water.
Presentation: 10L polyethylene bottle
Storage instructions: Store at room temperature below 30 °C.